Android emulators are the best option if you want to open any of your Android mobile applications on a PC.
Here I have described the best Android emulators for Windows 7, 8, 10, and Windows 11 to run Android apps on Windows computers efficiently.
These software were initially developed to test different types of Android apps on PC. But now these are very famous among gamers to play Android games on PC.
Hundreds of emulators are available on the internet, but the challenge is for Windows 7 users. Many popular Android emulators do not work smoothly on Windows 7. The emulators listed here will work fine on any version of Windows version including Windows 7.
For Windows 11 you don’t need to download an emulator software. You just need to download the Amazon App Store on your Windows 11 computer and download Android apps from here.
Best Android Emulators for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11 PC
- Andy Android Emulator
- LDPlayer 9
- Bliss OS
- Ko Player
- MuMu Player
Compatible OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, and macOS
- TechRadar: 4.5/5
- Uptodown: 3.6/5
- CNET: 3/5
- Laptopmag: 2.5/5
Founded in 2009 BlueStacks has become the most popular software to run Android apps on Windows and Mac PCs. There have been 5 versions of the BlueStacks emulator and the latest version of the software is BlueStacks 5.
You can download it for Nougat 32-bit, Nougat-64bit, and Pie 64-bit, and the latest version is optimized for Windows 11 OS.
For macOS, you have to download BlueStacks4 because at this time BlueStacks 5 is not available for Mac computers.
You only need 2 GB of RAM to download and run this android emulator for Windows 7, 8, and 10 PC. More RAM will help run the software more smoothly.
- You can record the clips or complete the game in BlueStacks.
- BlueStacks also allows you to take screenshots of your games.
- You can customize the game controls using BlueStacks.
- Just press F1 and enter the shooting mode and shoot with your mouse.
- Better control over game characters and their skills with Keyboard and mouse.
- You can play multiple games at once in BlueStacks.
- BlueStacks automatically optimizes your PC for gaming and you won’t need any external game optimizer software.
- You can play any game in your language using BlueStacks.
- Using this software you can set commands to automatically perform specific tasks.
- Set frame rates of 60 FPS or more to have better visuals in the game.
- It takes very less time to install.
- You can run it with RAM as low as 2 GB.
- It consumes very less CPU usage.
- The latest version is not available on macOS
Compatible OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- MouthShut- 2.8/5
- CNET: 3.8/5
- TechSpot: 4.3/5
- Uptodown: 3.3/5
Nox player is one of the fastest android emulators for Windows 7, Windows 10 and other versions. The latest version of this emulator is V184.108.40.206 which has some advanced features. In the new version, a command line is added which allows you to close all the apps with just one line.
Also, with the latest version, you can sprint with the left joystick. The software has so many features that you can learn from the official website. Here you will find complete guides on every feature that the Nox Player Android emulator for PC contains. Find the guides here
- You can set keys for different commands in the game (So you won’t have to use the mouse)
- It will also show you the keys on the on-screen buttons in the game (So you won’t have to remember the keys).
- Launch multi-stances using NoxPlayer Android Emulator.
- Set controls on the mouse and gamepad.
- You can bind the data of a guest account.
- It allows you to take a backup of your data before performing major changes.
- The best feature of this tool is that it has a built-in cleanup feature.
- You can change the theme of the software so you won’t get bored.
- NoxPlayer allows its users to create voice chat rooms.
3. Andy Android Emulator
Compatible OS: Windows 7 and later versions, macOS
- Uptodown: 2.9/5
- FileHorse: 8/10
- DigitalTrends: 10/10
- Filehippo: 7/10
Andy Android Emulator is another emulator software which available for free. It has decent features that allow you to open any kind of Android app on a Windows PC and operate smoothly. All the features are free only the keyboard mapping is paid.
- While playing games you can use your Android phone as a remote control in the emulator for PC.
- It provides a seamless experience for popular Android messaging apps.
- Andy Android Emulator For Windows 7 supports multi-touch.
- It has camera and microphone integration.
- You can sync your desktop game account to mobile and vice-versa.
- It also has OpenGL hardware support.
- Personal use: Free
- Freelancer: $206
- Business: $412
Compatible OS: Windows 10 and Windows 11, Linux, and macOS
- G2: 4.4/5
- Trustpilot: 3.5/5
- Alternativeto: 2.5/5
- Uptodown: 3.3/5
Genymotion is one of the best software to test apps on Windows PC. It has different versions with different features. The basic version is available for free but if you want to use it for enterprise then you can adopt the paid version with advanced features.
The other 3 emulators explained above are for hobbyists who like to play Android games on desktops. But the Genymotion emulator is dedicated to professional testers.
Here we will discuss the features of the free version.
Note: Genymotion Android Emulator is only available for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Using this software you can install different types of virtual Android devices.
- If you choose the freelance version, you will get basic technical support.
- In the Business version, you will get advanced technical support with high priority.
5. LDPlayer 9
Compatible OS: Windows
- Trustpilot: 2.7/5
- Alternativeto: 4.2/5
- Uptodown: 4.7/5
- Windows report: 4.8/5
LDPlayer is one of the best Android emulators for Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 PC. It is dedicated to games. You can play any kind of Android game on your desktop using this software for free.
This is lightweight software so, if you have a low-end PC then you need not worry. You can play Android games smoothly on your low-end PC.
- Optimize the graphic quality.
- Low usage of CPU resources.
- LDPlayer 9 is compatible with Hyper-V.
- It will work with as low as 2 GB RAM and 36 GB of hard disk.
- With LDPlayer 9 you can enjoy gaming at a higher frame rate.
- The processing of LDPlayer is very efficient and swift.
6. Bliss OS
Compatible OS: Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chromebook
- SourceForge: 3.3/5
- TopTenReviews: 6/10
- FileHorse: 8.1/10
Bliss OS is an open-source operating system that is based on Android. You can easily install and launch it on your desktop.
With Bliss OS you will have a complete environment of an Android mobile. The software is open-source so the code is freely available to modify.
- Easily run Android 9, Android 10, Android 11, or Android 12 on your desktop.
- You can download most of the apps from the Aurora store.
- With Bliss OS you can access basic device features like camera, mic, Bluetooth, internet, etc.
- You can also record the screen on your PC using Bliss OS.
- You will also get a do not disturb feature in this Android emulator for PC.
- If you are working on a laptop then you can also turn on the battery-saver feature.
- You can even customize the interface of this software.
- Bliss also contains nice developer tools.
7. Ko Player
Compatible OS: Windows and macOS
- MouthShut: 3.5/5
- Uptodown: 3.5/5
- Softpedia: 4.1/5
- Filehippo: 7/10
KO Player is an absolutely free Android Emulator for Windows and Mac PC. The software has got decent ratings on the internet. This emulator is meant for gamers who want to play mobile games on a PC. It also does a fine job in testing other applications too.
- With KO Player you can record your PC’s screen.
- In this Android emulator, you can find many free games to play.
- Using this software you can download any app from the Play Store to your PC.
- You can set keys for specific tasks in this emulator.
Compatible OS: Windows
- Alternativeto: 2.6/5
- Uptodown: 3.4/5
- TechSpot: 4.2/5
GameLoop is another popular software to run Android games/apps on PC. GameLoop also has a nice game store to download and play games on PC.
It comes with a Tencent Protect gaming environment so no one could cheat in the game. The only drawback that I found in the game is that it does not allow me to change the game folder. It only saves the games in the C folder. So, if you don’t have free space in the C folder then you can not download more games using this emulator.
Also, Gameloop does not work fine on low-end PCs.
Compatible OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, and macOS
- Alternativeto: 2.8/5
- Softpedia: 3.9/5
- FileHorse: 7.7/10
- Droid4X: 2.7/5
Droid4x is one of the best Android emulators for Windows 7 PC. It has a very nice user interface. You can play Android games easily on Windows PC.
- It has a nice built-in function to record the PC screens.
- The software allows you to directly download popular games.
- You can easily test different types of apps with this Android emulator.
10. MuMu Player
- Alternativeto: 5/5
- FileHorse: 8.3/10
MuMu Player is a very famous software to run Android apps on Windows and macOS. When I was installing this software it stuck at 90% and nothing happened further. Then I closed the software and click “Shutdown Mumu”. Then go to the desktop and right-click on the game icon then select “Run as administrator” and click on yes. This way the MuMu player will be launched.
Here you will see that an instance is running, you need to delete this instance and click New at the bottom right side.
After clicking New you will be asked to choose the Android version. Now the software will create a device. After the device is created click on the “Start” button. This time the process won’t stuck and will be completed.
- Play games in 120 FPS.
- Directly search and download games from Play Store.
- Using this tool you can do keyboard mapping.
These are the best Android emulators for Windows 7, 8, and 10 PC. In Windows 11 you won’t need the emulator if you download the game using the Amazon app store. But still, there are cases when you will need an Android emulator for Windows 11 i.e. testing apps before making live-to-play games that are not available on the Amazon app store.
I hope that the article helped you a lot. If you like the article please share it with your friends. In case you have any suggestions then please use the comments section.
Can I run Android on Windows 7?
Answer: You can run Android on Windows 7 PC using any of the emulators listed in the article.
What is the best Android emulator for Windows?
Answer: BlueStacks is one of the best and most used Android emulator software for Windows PC.
Is NOX good for low-end PC?
Answer: Yes, Nox is a lightweight software that will run fine on low-end PCs.
Does BlueStacks make PC slower?
Answer: Yes it can make your PC slower because while operating it will consume a good amount of RAM in your computer.
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on LinkedIn