What is Metadata or Exif data of images?
When you click a photo then it is saved in a digital file on your device. This digital file holds a lot of information about the photo i.e. date, place, camera exposure, etc.
What is an Image Metadata viewer?
Using these tools you can easily check the metadata of images. These tools are also called photos EXIF viewers. Most of these tools are also able to edit the EXIF data of images.
7 Best Image Metadata Viewer Tools To View, Edit, Or Remove Photo’s Exif Data-
- Photos Exif Editor
- Acute Photo Exif Viewer
1. Photos Exif Editor
Free Version: Yes
- For Windows: $29.95
- For Mac: $4.99
Supporting OS: Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7 (64 & 32 bit) and macOS
It is an efficient tool to view image metadata on Windows & Mac. Along with viewing EXIF data, it has plenty of other features which make it the best EXIF viewer software:
- View or remove XMP, IPTC.
- Check or edit EXIF data.
- View, edit, or remove XMP.
- Supports raw image formats.
- Manually enter GPS coordinates.
- Save presets.
As we can see, this tool has enough features for users to view, edit, and remove EXIF data of photos. If you want to opt for an EXIF viewer software then this one is the best choice for you.
2. Acute Photo Exif Viewer
Free Version: Yes
Supporting OS: Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, or Vista
APEV is another popular tool to view EXIF or metadata of images. It has a lot of amazing features to make it a perfect choice.
- It supports almost every popular image format.
- Also support print features.
- Drag and drop feature for convenience.
- It can show you the Geolocation of images.
It is an efficient tool to check the metadata of images i.e. EXIF, IPTC, NAA, etc.
Online Photo Exif & Other Metadata Viewers
Free version: yes
It has multiple pricing models in the premium version-
- $ 5.99/month
- $ 14.99 for 3 month
- $ 25.99 for 6 month
- $ 45.99 for 1 year
This is the best EXIF and metadata viewer that I could find online. It is available in both free and premium versions.
Features In free version:
- Editable tags
- Upload size limit- 25 MB
- Simultaneous uploads – 5 Files
- Keywords limit – 200 characters
Features in Premium Version: $5.99/month
In the premium version, you will get all the features of the free version with no limitations. Along with this, you will also get the following features-
- Batch editing – up to 30 files
- Cloud batch editing – up to 10 files
- Support tickets
- Saved presets by user
It has many other features in free versions like showing the basic EXIF data like time, date, locating in the map, XMP tags, camera settings, etc.
So, as we can see that it is an advanced tool to view metadata of images, if you need premium features like batch processing and batch editing of images then this is the best choice for you.
Pic2map is the best online EXIF viewer available online. GPS support in the tool can help you locate your photos on the map.
Here are the main features of this image EXIF reader tool:
- Find coordinates of the place image taken provided the recording device is capable of geo-tagging.
- Can tell the date of the image.
- Can show you the time zone of the image taken.
- know the brand that manufactured the recording device.
- Information about other components of the device like a shutter, lens, ISO speed, etc.
This EXIF and metadata checker has plenty of amazing features to make it the no.1 tool in the list of online EXIF viewers and the best thing is it is free to use.
This is another location and EXIF data viewer tool which is available online. You can also find browser extensions of this tool for Chrome and Edge.
Here are the main features of this metadata viewer tool:
- Check date and time.
- Check white balance.
- See the orientation.
- Type of lens that the device used.
- It can also tell f-number.
The tool is available online for free. The best thing about this tool is that you can check EXIF data using the browser extension, which is more convenient to use than any other online tool.
Exifmeta is an easy-to-use online photo metadata viewer tool available on the internet. The UI of this website is better than other websites.
Here are the main features of this metadata checker tool:
- It supports drag and drops features.
- You can also copy and paste the link to the image to check EXIF data.
- Check the date and time when the image was taken.
- Check aperture settings, and flash & shutter settings of the recording device.
So, the EXIF checker tool can tell you enough data required for the image. The drag & drop feature is very convenient to use.
This is one of the most popular and basic online EXIF viewer tools. The website design is very basic but it is enough for a normal user.
Here are the main features of this metadata finder tool:
- Drag & drop feature to easily upload images.
- You can also copy and paste the URL of the image to view the EXIF data.
- See the date and time of the image taken.
- See color space and sampling factor.
So, the online tool is very easy to use and will perform the required task easily and quickly.
So, these were the best image metadata viewer and photos EXIF viewer tools available online and offline. Most of these EXIF reader tools are free to use. You can also find the premium versions of “Photos Exif Editor” and “Thexifer.net” in order to access the advanced features.
If you have any other tool in your mind that deserves a place in the list then please mention in the comment section, I will check the tool and list it if worthy.
Other Online Exif Meta Data Checker Tools
- Metadata2go.com – online tool
- Metapicz.com – online tool
- Exifdata.com – online tool
- Regex – exif.regex.info/exif.cgi- online tool
- Jimpl.com – online tool
How can I tell where a pic was taken?
Answer: All of the tools described above in the list are capable of telling the location of the picture taken, provided that the photo EXIF data has not been removed or changed.
How can I see the metadata of an image online?
Answer: Thexifer.net is one of the best tools to check the metadata of images online.
What is the best EXIF viewer?
Answer: “Photos Exif Editor” and “Acute Photos Exif Viewer” described in the list are the best software to view exif data of images.
Can you edit EXIF data?
Answer: Yes, you can edit EXIF data with the help of “Photos Exif Editor” and “thexifer.net”.