What is a Sound Board Software?
Have you seen a DJ playing with a device at a party or concert? Well, that device is called soundboard and is used to produce different kinds of sounds on demand.
These hardware are very expensive so not everyone can afford them. If you are a beginner then you need to find an alternate. That alternative is the soundboard software. These are the software that will play sounds on demand and produces some amazing music to amaze your audience.
Here I am going to list the best software that will work like a soundboard. The best thing about these software is that most of them are free.
9 Best Soundboard Software For PC 2023
- Podcast Soundboard
- Jingle Palette
- EXP Soundboard
- MagicMic Soundboard
- Silica Interactive SoundBoard
- JN Soundboard
- Macbeth Witches Soundboard
1. Podcast Soundboard
First on our list is the Podcast Soundboard. This tool is available for macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows. This software is also available on the web so no matter which operating system you have, you can work on this.
The software has earned quite a popularity in the last 5 years. You will also find a refund policy on the official website.
As we know that it is available on multiple platforms but here I will explain the features of the desktop version only. There is a slight difference among the features of different versions.
- You can loop the sounds in this software.
- The soundboard software allows you to control it with the keyboard.
- The user interface is very easy.
- It allows you to trim the tracks.
- Using Podcast Soundboard you can take control over volume.
2. Jingle Palette
Initially, it was developed for the purpose of radio broadcasting but now it is getting popular in different areas. It allows you to display music on a palette and every palette can contain up to 30 sounds.
Accessing music through the palettes is very easy also, you can easily switch among palettes very easily.
- Warn you when a song is about to end (you will have to specify the time in settings).
- It allows you to set a loop on every song.
- You can stream audio through the internet.
- It also has a feature to announce the time.
You can find this software on Sourceforge.net. The program was last updated in 2012 but still it is getting downloads. It has an interface similar to a spreadsheet which makes it super easy to use.
Using this tool you can make live collages and play them on a program very easily. If you are a beginner you should choose this software because it is free.
Other than Sourceforge, you can also download it from CNET, Softpedia, Softonic, and Github. The upside of downloading this soundboard software is that it is very lightweight which means it won’t require a high-end PC to work.
- You can find this software in multiple languages.
- This is the best choice for creating multi-layered soundtracks.
- It allows you to undo as much as you want.
- You can find a looping feature in it like any other soundboard software.
- It has pitch sliders and automatic volume control.
4. EXP Soundboard
EXP Soundboard is open-source and free-to-use software. You can use this software on low-end PCs and Laptops because it doesn’t consume much system resources.
After using EXP Soundboard you will find it very easy to use and perfect for beginners. So, it is one of the best soundboard software and the perfect soundboard hardware alternative.
By the time I am writing this article, it is downloaded 2442 times from the sourceforge.net official page. It was last updated in 2013 but it is getting consistent downloads even in 2023.
- In this soundboard tool, you can play sounds through the virtual audio cable.
- Route sounds from your mic with the help of a Mic injector.
- Keyboard hotkeys are like other software in the list.
- The software can convert audio files.
- You can play sounds with a keyboard (hotkeys).
5. MagicMic Soundboard
Developed by iMyfone MagicMic is a multipurpose software. It is not only a soundboard software but also an effective voice changer program.
Using this software you can easily create soundboards on Mac and Windows computers.
The software is also popular among gamers because of its real-time voice-changing feature.
It is available on Windows, iOS, macOS, and iOS.
MagicMic Soundboard has a huge library of sound effects and is updated weekly.
- It has 125+ filters to change your voice.
- This soundboard software allows you to add 400+ voice effects.
- You can use this software for sound effects in discord.
- Using this tool you can use the sound effects in overlap, replay, mute, and cycle.
- This software allows you to record and change your voice and export them.
- It also has a feature to share your tracks on social media.
Resanance is a free soundboard software for PC. It is a very popular discord soundboard.
This is packed with many advanced features. It will work for almost every app that allows sound through the mic. You can use this software on all versions of Windows including the latest Windows 11.
- You can add multiple sound effects using this software.
- It also allows to add unlimited hotkeys.
- This soundboard software allows controlling the mic and local sound individually.
- It also has the text to speech technology for the soundboard.
- You can change the size and color of buttons on the board.
7. Silica Interactive SoundBoard
Silica Interactive SoundBoard is available for free and you can download it from sourceforge.net. It is a very basic soundboard software that allows adding music to the board. The only drawback that I found on this software was that it only allowed WAV files.
Like other software on the list, it allows access through hotkeys. You can switch between sounds with the help of hotkeys. All you have to do is assign hotkeys to sounds.
- Add unlimited number of sounds.
- Easily bind any key to a button.
- Easy to use interface for beginners.
8. JN Soundboard
JN Soundboard is a very simple to set-up soundboard software for Windows PC. You can download it from Github and Softonic. This program is open-source and free to use.
The software is nice but it only allows WAV, AIFF, MP3, and WMA files.
- Preview the list of keys and location of the audio.
- It has a built-in TTS (Text To Speech) feature.
- Using this software you can play music on any device that is connected to your PC.
- Directly play sound with custom hotkeys.
9. Macbeth Witches Soundboard
Last but not least soundboard software on the list is Macbeth Witches. This software is available for Windows and Mac. This is not open-source software like other tools on the list but it is freely available for non-commercial use.
You don’t even need to install this software. You can run it with a pen drive or CD. If you run it with CD then it will take more time so, it is suggested to use the pen drive to run it on your computer.
This software was created for teaching purposes but you can conveniently use it as soundboard software.
- Change the display of buttons.
- Play multiple sounds simultaneously.
- It also has an echo voice effect.
- Using this software you can create good scary sound effects.
These are the best free soundboard software for Windows and Mac. Using these tools you can create amazing sounds and play some music at your gig.
Using these software may look complicated at first but it is not like that at all. Once you spend some time working with these tools you will get acquainted with the functioning of the software very well.
Once you get knowledge of all the features of the software and practice them at home, you can do wonders in your gig. If you are a beginner you should first practice with the virtual soundboard software then think about purchasing one.
No doubt that the physical soundboards are the best that give the real feel and better control over sound but that is for professionals who are earning well with their art. In the learning phase getting a soundboard machine is not a good idea.
I hope that this article helped you to find the best sound board software for you. If you like this article then please share it with your friends. If you have any suggestions please mention them in the comments section.
Is there a free soundboard?
Answer: All of the soundboard software described above are free.
What do YouTubers use for soundboards?
Answer: All of the soundboards described in the list are a good fit for YouTubers.
Can you put your own sounds on a soundboard?
Answer: MagicMic soundboard allows you to record your own sounds.
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on LinkedIn