Using the best software for writers you can minimize mistakes and maximize the speed and efficiency of your work. Writing is a highly decorated profession that needs creativity and accuracy. You need to use the right words at the right place and right time.
Advanced software for authors or writers can enhance productivity and efficiency. These software can make your life easy as a writer. Google Docs and Microsoft Word are the most popular platforms that most professionals use for writing.
There are many other writing apps for PC and mobile available to work separately and with Google Docs and Microsoft Word.
Here in this article, I am going to list the 11 best writing software for beginners and professionals-
Top 11 Best Software For Writers In 2023
Best Software To Write
- Zoho Writer
- Focus Writer
- Writing Monkey
Software To Help Create Strategy For Writers
- HubSpot Blog Ideas Generator
Grammar Checker Software For Writers
Software for Authors of Books:
Editing and Proofreading software for Authors
- OneLook Reverse Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Hemingway Editor
- Cliche Finder
Best Software To Write
Available On: Online, and apps for iPhone & iPad
Pricing: It has different pricing models-
- Free: Free for 5 users and per user 5 GB is available for free.
- Standard: 5$/user/month, and every user can store up to 50GB (billed annually)
- Premium: 8$ per user per month, Storage up to 1Tb per user (billed annually)
Zoho is an online writing tool that is full of useful features for writers. The tool has a neat and clean writing interface to make your piece look professional. Here are some of the most satisfactory features of this writing software-
- Using the Zoho writing tool you can share your document with others to collaborate with them.
- As we know that this is an online tool so you can write your content anywhere.
- The most interesting feature that I like about this software is that it lets you publish your content directly to WordPress and Blogger.
- The software contains a powerful writing assistant which will help you to check grammar, understand readability and improve the quality of your writing.
- You can sync online tools with your desktop software.
- You can chat with your team members in the app.
- In the standard version, you can see the audit trails of every editor.
- Night mode to keep your eyes relaxed while working late at night.
- Like Google docs, you do not need to save your piece every time, because it is auto-saved.
- You can lock a specific part of your content that you don’t want the collaborators to edit.
- Once your doc is final you can lock it so no one can make edits anymore.
- Beautiful templates to make your doc look intriguing.
- The offline feature lets you write when there is no internet.
- Cloud storage applications are integrated into the tool so don’t need to worry about storing your doc online.
- Import your content from MS Word.
- You can export your content written on Zoho writer into MS word or PDF.
As we can see that the software has many advanced features that you won’t find in Google Docs and MS Word. Zoho writer is the best writing platform for working professionals.
Even after being one of the best software for writers most of the features of this tool are free.
Alternatives of Zoho- There are some other tools that give a seamless writing experience like Zoho-
Available for: Linux, Windows, Source Code
Writing Monkey is a fine Windows software that helps work distraction-free.
Available for: Windows
It is a free-to-use popular desktop publishing software. This is more of a design tool. You can use this tool to create PDFs, forms, etc.
Available for: Windows, Linux, macOS
Software To Help Create Strategy For Writers
Available For: Online tool, Android, iPhone
It has different pricing models-
- Personal- $2.49
- Pro- $4.19
- Business- $6.29
Mind Meister is an online mind-mapping tool. This is a useful tool if you are writing a long article, novel, etc. This is the best software for writers to design a layout of their ideas. You just need to think of one core idea about any topic and the software will help you lay down the subtopics, and chapters of your content.
It is like white board where you can lay down ideas that come to your mind in and better-organized way. After spending some time with this software having a topic idea, you will be able to see a clear picture of how you should start your long writing project.
You can insert media to make to flowchart look more interesting and relevant so that if you present your idea to others they will be able to comprehend it better.
Here are the main features of this writing software:
- Create beautiful mind maps, with your imagination you can customize the design.
- Create a Mind map in the form of lists, maps, or charts.
- Focus mode to highlight your best ideas.
- Discuss with your team member using comments.
- Export the mind map in the form of a PDF or image.
- Attach images or other files with your map.
- Collaborate in real-time with others.
- Can work with multiple team members at a time.
As we can see that MindMeister is an amazing brainstorming and strategy creator software for writers.
Available For: Web, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
It has 2 modals-
- Pro: $4.08/month (billed annually)
Another on the list of the best software for writers is WorkFlowy. As I saw on the official website many successful people use WorkFlowy. The popular book “Hatching Twitter” a Newyork Times bestselling book was written in WrokFlowy.
The writing program is best if you are handling multiple projects at a time or writing content in classifications, and different chapters.
Here are the main features of this best writing software:
- Drag and drop files into your piece.
- Add unlimited images and other files in an organized manner.
- Advanced search engine to find your documents.
- Nesting structure for better organization of your work.
- Tag items to identify them visually.
- Get better management and visuals using Kanban boards.
- Make a copy of any section and make changes.
4. HubSpot Blog Ideas Generator
Available For: Online
This is the best software for blog writers.
If you struggle to finalize the perfect title for your topic then the Hubspot Blog Idea generator can help you a lot. This tool will provide you with amazing titles for free.
You just need to enter the words related to your article and it will provide amazing title ideas.
These ideas look catchy and engaging.
It will provide 250 title ideas based on the words you have entered, you just have to click on the next.
You can copy any blog idea by clicking on the card.
Best Grammar Checker Software For Writers
Available For: Desktop, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, MS Office, Google Docs, iPhone, iPad, Grammarly Keyboard
Pricing: Personal License
- Free Version
- Premium: $12/month
- Business: $15/member/month
Grammarly is the best software for writers to check grammar, punctuation, and other components. When an author writes something he/she makes mistakes unknowingly, most of the time it is typing mistakes. The software will highlight all the mistakes in red underlined so you can visit every word manually and correct them.
Here are the main features of this writing app:
- Copy and paste your essay into an online tool and check for grammar and misused words.
- Check long content for unclear sentences.
- Detect your tone and get tone suggestions.
- Set phrases and brand names and share the library with your team.
- Grammarly Analytics for businesses to analyze the team performance.
- Plagiarism checker in the premium version.
Most of the features of this best writing software are available for free and the best thing is that you can use this everywhere. The tool is available as an extension on Chrome and other browsers so you can use this tool almost everywhere like Google Docs, online chats, Emails, etc. Grammarly is a must-have software for Authors and editors.
Grammarly has different versions for businesses and enterprises so, multiple team members can work efficiently on a project.
Available For: Windows, Mac, MS Outlook, MS Word, Chrome, Safari, Mozilla, Edge Extension, Open Office, Scrivener, Google Docs
- Monthly: $20
- Yearly: $79
- Lifetime: $399
This is one of the best grammar checker software for writers. The features are similar to Grammarly. It is also available for Businesses and Enterprises.
- Improve readability, style, and grammar.
- Get suggestions for better sentences.
- Identify the grammatical errors.
- Avoid the repetition of words or sentences.
- Supports multiple versions of English.
- Get the word suggestions to choose the best one.
- Copy Pase or upload the document on the online tool to check for errors.
Other similar Tools:
Software For Authors of Books or Long Story
Available For: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- 1 Device: $25/year
- 3 Devices: $45/year
- All Devices: $79/year
Plottr is a very useful software for book authors. Using this tool you can write different chapters and plots and monitor them on one screen. You can use this software on a Desktop or mobile.
- Automatically sync devices.
- Share your writing project with others to collaborate.
- Timeline section to see all the chapters on one screen.
- The outline section is to see the linear outline of every chapter you have written.
- Notes Section to write down ideas, collect research notes, or any other notes about your story.
- Characters section to list information on all the characters of your story.
- Add all the locations you use in your story in the location section.
- Maintain all the details of your book in the Project section
Editing and Proofreading Software for Writers
8. OneLook Reverse Dictionary and Thesaurus
This is a simple and easy-to-use online tool to find various synonymous and forms of a word.
Just enter a word and find different word forms like-
9. Hemingway Editor
This is another online tool for writers and editors to know the basic components of your content.
It shows all the basic features of your content in different colors-
- The number of adverbs you have used.
- Phrases that have simple alternatives.
- Sentences that are hard to read.
- sentences that are very hard to read.
- The number of passive voice phrases you have used.
- The software also suggests the maximum number of passive voices and adverbs you should use.
10. Cliche Finder
Cliche Finder is an online tool for writers to find all the cliches used in their content. Using this tool you can easily find and eliminate words, expressions, overused words, trite phrases, and stale words.
This is a free tool that is available for free. You can improve your communication skills with this tool.
De-Jargonizer is an online tool to help writers identify the jargon used in your article. Just upload or copy-paste your content, and select the year. Click on the “Start” button to highlight all the jargon. You can download the result in Microsoft Word format.
Other Useful and Best Software For Writers
Writing Software For Taking Research
Platforms Where Multiple Authors can work together
- Google Docs
- Blind Write
- Fast Pencil
These are the best software for writers in different categories. Most of these tools are online so you can use them on any device you just need to have a robust browser. If you are a beginner you should start with the free versions of Zoho and Grammarly. After using the free version you can think about the pro version.
Using these tools you can write blogs, articles, and books. Also, you can work with your team and share ideas to make your project successful.
If you have any other writing tool in your mind that deserves a place on the list then feel free to mention it in the comment section.
Suggested Articles For You:
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on LinkedIn