An efficient file copy software can make file transfer fast and easy. There are other methods available to copy files in the Windows system but when it comes to transferring or copying large files it becomes very difficult to rely on old methods. So, using a good file transfer software is a smart choice in this case.
In this blog I will discuss the fastest file copy software that can transfer files from one drive to another in the same or different computer without the internet.
Top 5 Fastest File Copy Software for Windows 10, 8, 7 PC In 2022
Here is the list of 5 best software to copy files in the fastest possible way.
1. EaseUS Disk Copy
No. 1 in the list of the fastest file transfer software is EaseUS Disk Copy. This is also popular as a cloning or data migration software. It can copy or clone your entire hard disk sector by sector.
Here are the quick features of this software:
- Available for both home and business users.
- Can copy a hard disk upto 16 TB.
- Change size of partition while copying.
- It is also able to clone your HDD to SSD.
- Money back guarantee.
- Has a lot of experience in the industry.
- Provides free tech support
- Provides complete migration of the system.
- Has a lot of positive reviews
- A bit costly for normal users
How It Works:
Step 1: Plug in the drive where you want to copy the data.
Step 2: Download and install the EaseUS Disk Copy utility.
Step 3: Keep the disk mode selected.
Step 4: Select the disk that you want to copy.
Step 5: Click on next and choose the target disk
Note: The target disk should be larger than the source disk. The program may ask to erase data on the target disk while copying the program. Then, you need to click “ok” so, be sure that you don’t have any important data on the target disk.
Step 6: follow the instructions and click on next.
Note: You need to click “check the option if target is SSD” in case you are copying your hard disk to a SSD.
Now you have a copied version of your source disk.
Easeus Disk Copy Pro Version:
Easeus Disk Copy Technician Version
It is a popular file copy program for Windows 10, 8, 7 and older versions. It is available in both free and premium versions. Premium version has some extra features then the free version.
Here are the main features of this best copying program:
- Drag and drop feature for convenience
- Show Results to let you know how many files have been copied or transferred
- See Source from where the file has been copied
- Target where the file has been copied
- Provides logs to keep track on your activity
- Different setting options for advanced users
- Delete feature to delete data permanently or temporarily
- Free version is available
- Can also move or transfer files
- File copying speed is amazing
- User interface is not that good.
How It Works:
Step 1: Click on menu to add files or folders
Step 2: now select the file you want to copy or move
Step 3: Click on Copy and browse the destination.
Step 4: Copy the file in the selected destination.
This fast copying software is available in free and paid versions.
The pro versions costs: $24.95
FastCopy is a lightweight file transfer program. When I installed this program on my Windows 7 PC it was completed in like 5 seconds. It is a very simple but fast file copying program.
Here are some of the features of this program:
- It does not put load in your Computer processing.
- You can see the data of file copying.
- Include and exclude feature to ease the copying process.
- It is portable software.
- It is free file copy software.
- It is a very lightweight software.
- Very basic user interface may sound boring.
How It works:
Step 1: Install and launch the FastCopy program.
Step 2: Click on source and select the file you want to copy
Step 3: Click on destination and choose the folder where you want to copy the file.
Step 4: Click on execute to start the copying process.
Now your files have been copied.
FastCopy is a Free file copy program for Windows 10, 8, 7 users.
CopyHandler is an open source file copying tool. It comes with a bunch of features which makes it one of the best file transfer programs.
Here are the features of this software:
- Automatic shutdown feature after files are copied.
- Resume Copying of files if the system shuts down meanwhile the copying process.
- Miniview to see file names, tasks, will hide when there is no task running.
- Can copy and move files.
- Have a lot of advanced features.
- Reliable software as it has a lot of positive reviews
- Default settings for beginners.
- Having so many features it could be a little bit complex
How it Works:
Step 1: First right click on the file you want to copy
Step 2: Now click on the option “(CH) copy to”.
Step 3: Now choose directory and select the destination.
Now your files will be copied. You can even pause or cancel the task in the software.
CopyHandler is a Free software to copy files fast.
MiniCopeir is one of the best file copy software for Windows PC. It makes the file copying process fast and easy.
It is a small project of an engineer and the program is doing very well.
Here are the main features of this program:
- Can copy multiple files in a que
- If a file is failed to copy then this software can resume it.
- Can control the file copying speed
- Change name of the file that you want to copy
- See the list of failed downloads
- Fast file copying
- Full control of copying process
- Fine management of the copying process
- Little bit tricky to use the program
How It Works:
Step 1: Drag and drop files on red bask that you want to copy
Step 2: Drag and drop the folder on the icon at the right side where you want to copy files.
Step 3: Source and destination folders should be different otherwise you will have to rename files.
Note: The product will give you pop-up to rename, overwrite, resume file if the file with the same name already exists on the destination folder.
So, this was the list of the best and fastest file copy software for Windows 10, 8, 7 PC. There are other popular file transfer software available like SupreCopier, UtraCopier but I could not find their official website. So, I did not feel safe to download and use them in my PC.
You can use EaseUS because it is a very well known and established company. Downloading it will be safer than other programs.
Question: Which is the best software for copying files?
Answer: TeraCopy and EaseUS are the best file copy programs.
Question: How to copy files faster?
Answer: Any of the programs listed above will copy files faster than Windows default system.
Question: Is moving faster than copying?
Answer: Yes, generally moving is faster than copying.
Question: Which is faster copying or cloning?
Answer: Cloning is generally faster.