Are you facing Realtek audio issue on your Windows 10 PC? Also, You may be worried about why there is no sound in your microphone or speakers. Commonly these problems occur when you upgrade your PC to Windows 10.
In this blog, we will discuss ways to fix the Realtek audio not working issue on Windows 10.
Ways to Fix Realtek Audio Not Working Issue In Windows 10 PC:
- Check The Sound Settings
- Check The Sound Drivers
Check The Sound Setting:
It is possible that the sound settings in your Windows 10 PC are not correct. You should check them to solve the Realtek sound problem:
- Go to the taskbar.
- Here you will see the sound icon.
- Right-Click on this sound icon.
- Here you will see many options, click on “open sound settings“.
- Go to the sound section.
- After clicking Device Properties, select the Advanced tab
- Now select the sound format to 24bit/192000Hz or 24 bit/44100Hz
That’s all now your Windows 10 Realtek audio not working issue should be solved if not then follow the next method.
Check The Output Device Setting:
Right-click on the sound icon> Open sound settings > Go to Sounds.
Now here you will find an option to choose an output device. Here you should choose Speakers (high definition audio).
Check The Driver Status
Outdated audio drivers could also cause Realtek audio not working problem on Windows 10. So, you should check if your audio drivers are outdated.
- Search Device Manager in the search bar.
- Go to sound, video, and game controller.
- Here you will see “Realtek High Definition Audio”.
- If you see a yellow symbol it means your driver is outdated.
Even if you don’t see a yellow symbol then you should try to update them to fix Realtek audio issues on Windows 10 PC and Laptops.
How To Update Realtek Audio Drivers:
To Do this first go to the audio drivers by following the steps above. Now right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio”. Here you will see the uninstall option. You can uninstall this driver using this option.
Here you can find a compatible driver for your PC.
Using A Software:
Updating drivers using software is very convenient. You can use Iobit driver booster software to update outdated drivers. Follow these steps:
- Download and Install the Iobit Driver booster from the official website.
- Now launch the software and click on the “Scan Now” button
- Here you will see a list of all outdated drivers
- Now Click on the “update” button next to “sound, video, and game controllers”.
- Now your Realtek audio driver will be updated.
So, these were the methods to fix Realtek Audio Issues on Windows 10. If you have any questions and suggestions please let me know in the comment section.
How do I repair and fix Realtek Audio Driver on Windows 10?
Answer: You need to uninstall and reinstall your drivers from a reliable source. Or you can just update your drivers manually or use the software.
Why won’t my Realtek speakers work?
Answer: Your Realtek speaker not working may be because your audio settings are not right or your audio drivers are outdated.
Why are my Realtek speakers not showing up?
Answer: The most common reason behind this is the Realtek speakers are not installed on your PC.
What is The Use of Realtek Audio Driver on Windows 10?
Answer: The audio driver communicates with the audio devices to provide the desired sound.
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on LinkedIn