List of Content:
- Basic Details
- Working Process
- IObit Uninstaller 12 Pro
- Key Features
- Pros and Cons
IObit Uninstaller 12 is an easy-to-use uninstaller software for Windows PC. It supports all popular versions of the Windows operating system. It is also compatible with the latest Windows 11 OS.
What is new in the latest version?
IObit Uninstaller 12 is the latest version it launched with some exciting features i.e.-
- Latest installation monitor.
- Superior version for the stubborn program removal.
- The Software Health section is better than before.
- The latest version has fixed all known bugs.
Product Name: IObit uninstaller 12
Latest Version: V12.0.0
File Size: 27.8 MB
Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP
Release Date: 2 September 2022
Price Of the Pro version: $14.77/yr
Official Download Page: https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php
This version of the software has just launched so it is not covered by popular software websites. I found these 2 websites with the following ratings-
- TechSpot: 4/5
- Softexia: 4/5
IObit Uninstaller 12 is the latest version after IObit Uninstaller 11. It was released on 2 September 2022 with new features and some known bug fixes.
The first version of this software was released almost 12 years ago since then the software has evolved a lot. At present time this software is one of the top uninstaller software for Windows PC.
Working Process Of IObit Uninstaller 12:
Step 1: Double Click the .exe file that you have downloaded from the official website.
Step 2: Now a small Window will pup up, here click on “Run“
Step 3: After this, the installer window will open, here click on “Install“
Step 4: Now you might see a software recommendation, In my case, I saw iTop Data Recovery Software as a recommendation.
Step 5: Here select “No, thanks” and click “Next“
Step 6: Now you will see the main window of the software here click “All Program”.
Step 7: Here you find the list of the software installed on your computer.
Step 8: Now click on the checkbox next to the software that you want to uninstall.
Step 9: After this click on the “Uninstall” button in the top right corner.
Step 10: Now a new window will pop up here you will find 2 options i.e. “Create a restore point before uninstall” and “Automatically remove residual files”.
You can create a restore point if you think that something might go wrong after installing the program. The restore point will take your system back to a time when the software was installed with other system settings.
For simplicity just check “Automatically remove residual files” and click “Uninstall“.
That’s it the software has been uninstalled from your computer.
If the software is free then why should you upgrade to IObit Uninstaller 12 Pro:
The pro version has some advanced features that you can’t access in the free version. The features are-
- Update 3 outdated software in just one click.
- Delete malicious extensions and apps to browse safely.
- If there is a stubborn program on your computer you can remove that too.
- In the pro version, you can remove bundleware.
- Using IObit Uninstaller 12 Pro you can auto-delete program leftovers stored by another uninstaller.
Key Features of IObit Uninstaller 12 Free Version
- The All Programs section will show all the programs installed on your PC on a single screen.
- In the Bundleware section, you will only see Bundleware.
- Different categories of programs installed i.e. Logged Programs, Recently Installed, Large Programs, Infrequently Used.
- Software Health: This is an advanced function in the software it can fix the following problems-
- Delete leftovers by uninstallers to save storage space.
- Update software that is outdated with one click.
- Remove permissions given to software that are not required.
- Stop the notifications in popups and annoying ads.
- Uninstall the programs that have issues with uninstalling.
- Clean the installation files that you don’t need.
- You can also delete risky software and browser extension to browse securely
- Install Monitor: This is another advanced option in IObit uninstaller 12
When you install a program it makes some changes to your computer. Some programs make too many changes on your computer which is very risky. It can harm your computer’s working and it is also a threat to your computer security. So, to monitor the change log made by the program this software will help you.
It has 2 options “Auto monitor” and “Manual Monitor“
The auto monitor will automatically detect and log the program installations. On the other hand in the Manual Monitor, you can “Add” or “Drag and drop” files and log the system changes.
- Browser Extensions:
This section is very useful when you want to be extra careful with the extension you have installed in your browsers.
The software will automatically detect all the extensions installed on different browsers on your PC and list them in one place. Isn’t that outstanding?
Here you can select any extension and click on the uninstall button.
In the uninstalling process, you might see a popup message like “the Chrome Sync is ON so the extension will be installed when you restart the browser”. This is because of the default setting of chrome. So to thoroughly uninstall the extensions you can follow these steps-
Select the “Sync is on” menu from the list > Click on the “Manage what you sync” tab menu > Under “Sync data”, toggle off “Apps” and “Extensions”.
To uninstall the extension you need to close your chrome browser if opened.
Pros and Cons of IObit Uninstaller 12
- Easy to use program.
- A lot of functions are available for free.
- Compatible with Windows 11 and other Windows versions.
- It won’t slow down your computer.
- The program shows size and install date of each program.
- Uninstall the Android apps installed by Windows 11.
- Annoying software recommendations while installing the software.
- Automatically installed iTop VPN to my PC.
IObit Uninstaller 12 Alternatives:
IObit Uninstaller 12 is one of the best programs to uninstall apps on Windows PC. There are some other programs that are doing good in the market. You can try any of these alternative programs if you don’t find IObit suitable for your PC.
- Wise Program Uninstaller
- Comodo Programs Manager
- Free Uninstall It
- Revo Uninstaller
- Total Uninstall
- OESIS Endpoint Assessment
- Ashampoo Uninstaller Free
- PC Decrapifier
- Soft Organizer
- Anvi Uninstaller
IObit Uninstaller 12 is a very efficient software uninstallation program for Windows PC. We have seen the working process above in the article. The process was very easy to use, anyone with the least technical knowledge can use this software.
And the features of this software are very advanced, It has all the features that one would ask for in an uninstaller software.
Although, I did not find many reviews for this software as it is just launched. But the previous version had a lot of impressive reviews on multiple authority websites.
What is IObit Uninstaller’s latest version?
Answer: The latest version of the software is IObit uninstaller 12.0.0 and it was released on 1 Sep 2022.
What is IObit Uninstaller 11?
Answer: This is the earlier version of IObit Unistallations software.
Where is IObit from?
Answer: IObit is a San Francisco, California-based company.
How do I completely remove all traces of a program?
Answer: You can use a program like IObit uninstaller 12 to completely uninstall the program and remove the leftovers.
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on Twitter