Using excellent photo noise reduction software you can quickly fix grainy photos and improve photo quality. There are many great software programs to reduce photo noise available for Windows and Mac.
As a photographer, you click hundreds of photos every day. There are many things that enhance the photo quality and some things that are against it. Noise in photos is one of those things that reduce photo quality. Once the photo is taken it seems impossible to remove the grains or noise, but it is not true.
You can easily remove the noise and make photos look even better with the best photo noise reducer software.
What Creates Noise In Photos?
If your ISO is too high and you are putting so much pressure on your sensors then it can cause noise. Other common reasons for noise in photos are-
- Less shutter speed.
- Large lens holes
- Turning up the amplitude of sensors.
- High ISO
The trick to keep your photo noise down is to have a low ISO level and minimize the pressure on sensors. Also, larger camera holes and less shutter speed lets the light in, and also cause noise in pictures.
5 Best Photo Noise Reduction Software
- Neat image pro
- ON1 NoNoise AI
- Photo Ninja
- VanceAI Image Denoiser
Free Trial: Yes, 7-day free trial
Price (Premium Version): It has different pricing models i.e.
- Monthly: $31.49/month
- Yearly: $239.88/yr
Compatible Operating System: Windows, macOS, iOS (iPad)
As we know PhotoShop is one of the best photo retouching software also, it is a great software to de-noise photos. Calling Photoshop an image noise reduction software will not be justice to it because it has almost every feature that a photo editor needs.
How To Reduce Noise in Pictures Using Photoshop:
Reducing photo noise using Photoshop is very easy just follow the steps-
Step 1: Duplicate the background layer. (Click on the layer and drag it down to the “New Layer Icon”)
Step 2: Select the copy and go to the filter from the top menu and hover your mouse on the “Noise” section and click “Reduce Noise”.
This will open the “Reduce Noise” dialogue box.
Step 3: Here you need to modify the components-
Here you will see 2 options “Basic” and “Advanced”. Select the “Advanced” option.
Step 4: Here you will see multiple components of the images that you can modify.
Go to Strength and increase it as much as you can.
Keep the Preserve Details as low as you can.
Go to the Reduce Color Noise and you can keep it to 90%.
Keep Sharpen Details to 0.
If you are working on JPEG then make sure the check the “Remove JPEG Artifacts”.
Step 5: After you have done all the modifications then you can click “Ok”
Now you can see your duplicate layer and you will notice that the photo noise is reduced.
For even better quality photos and to remove the grainy/noisy effect from your photos you can do modifications in the “Surface Blur” too.
To work on the surface blur follow these steps-
Step 1: Duplicate your layer.
Step 2: Go to the filters from the top menu and hover your mouse on “Blur”. Here click on “Shapen Blur”
Step 3: Now the Surface Blur dialogue box will open and you need to do the following modifications here-
Radius- 4 Pixels
Threshold- 27 Levels
You need to balance these 2 options just keep the Radius low and the Threshold high.
That is it you have finished the noise reduction process with this software.
Now you can group your copies and adjust the opacity for better results.
- Photoshop has a lot of built-in tools.
- You can find enough tutorials on YouTube and the Web to use this software.
- It provides a 7-day trial version.
- It is costly if you use this software just to remove noise.
Photoshop is a complete photo editing suite so, it is a costly program. If you will not need this software other than to reduce noise then I suggest finding a cheaper alternative. Move to the next software which might be better for you.
2. Neat Image Pro
Free Trial: Yes for Demo Edition
Compatible OS: Windows, macOS, Linux
Neat Image Pro is one of the best Photo Noise Reduction Software. It can easily remove grains and other noise from images. You can download it as standalone software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Also, you can use it as a Photoshop plugin. The price is the same for Photoshop Plug-in and separate software.
- It has advanced filters to remove noise.
- Neat Image provides good control over noise level.
- It has an excellent feature to sharpen images.
- Using Neat Image Pro you can keep up with photos taken with new DSLRs. (Because it supports 16-bit and 32-bit per channel format).
- The Demo version is available for free.
- Neat Image Pro is available for multiple platforms.
- You can use this as a plug-in if you have already installed Photoshop.
- It does not have AI denoise feature.
- No frequent updates
3. ON1 NoNoise AI
Free Version: Yes, (14-day free trial)
Price for the full version: $69.99
Compatible OS: Windows and Mac
ON1 NoNoise is an AI-based software to reduce noise in your photos. Using this software you can get the best quality photos.
- A 14-day Free trial version with full functionality.
- 30-day money-back guarantee on the paid version.
- Also works as a plugin with Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity, and other tools.
- It is available in multiple languages.
- ON1 NoNoise AI supports a wide range of photo formats.
- It provides a 14-day free trial version.
- ON1 NoNoise AI is available as a plugin on many popular photo editing programs.
- The user interface is a little bit complex.
- Sometimes the software gets slow.
4. Photo Ninja
Free Trial: Yes (2 weeks free trial)
Price of the full version: $119
Compatible OS: Windows & Mac
Photo Ninja is a collection of photo editing and enhancement tools. If you want to try this software for free, you will have to request a 2 weeks free trial on the email- email@example.com.
It has many filters and “Noise Ninja” is one of them. Noise Ninja is the filter that makes it one of the finest photo noise-reduction software for Windows and Mac.
If you purchase this software you can use one license key on 2 computers for Windows and Mac OS X.
- You can use Photo Ninja with “Photo Mechanic” and “Lightroom”
- Batch process multiple images at once.
- Copy-paste all the settings of one image to another.
- The “Color Enhancement” feature is quite effective.
- “White Balancing” is very easy on this software.
- You can adjust brightness and tone with this software.
- 2 weeks of the free tutorial.
- Free tutorials are available on the websites.
- No upgrades after one year.
- Costly program.
5. VanceAI Image Denoiser
Free Version: No
Price of Full Version: 100 Credits/month- $5.94 which is $0.059/credit
Compatible OS: All, It is an online tool
As the name indicates VanceAI Image Denoise is a perfect tool to reduce noise from images. It has an advanced algorithm specially made for this purpose.
It is the only online tool on the list so you don’t have to worry about the operating system you have. You just need a browser to operate this photo noise reduction tool.
- Get noise-free images without any watermark.
- Upload images up to 10MB in size.
- Process multiple images at once.
- Customize multiple AI features to apply to one image.
- Affordable pricing models.
- An online tool so you don’t have to install any program.
- No Free version is available.
These are the best photo noise reduction software that you can use on Windows and Mac computers. Also, I have explained an online tool to reduce photo noise that allows you to remove noise from your images with any platform.
If you like this article please share it on social media. And if you want to suggest any other tool then feel free to use the comment section.
What is the best DeNoise program?
Answer: According to my experience and having the additional features Photoshop is the best photo DeNoise Program.
How can I Reduce Noise in a picture for free?
Answer: For Photo Ninja you can request a 2 weeks free trial.
Does Lightroom have an Image noise reduction?
Answer: Yes, Using Lightroom you can easily remove photo noise.
Is there a noise Cancelling app?
Answer: Yes, you can download the image-canceling apps from the Google Play Store.
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on LinkedIn