WavePad Sound Editor is available at multiple platforms. Here in this article, we will discuss the Windows version.
Table Of Content
- Basic Details
- Pricing Model
- Working Process
- Pros and Cons
Basic Details: WavePad Sound Editor
WavePad Sound Editor officially known as WavePad audio editing software is developed by NCH software. NCH Software is an Australian software company founded in 1993.
NCH software was first released in 2004 since then the software has evolved a lot. The software is regularly updated for the latest features and the last update of the software was released in September 2021.
WavePad Sound Editor is a very efficient software to record and edit audio. Professional music artists use this software in their music production process.
Supported Operating System: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Detailed System Requirements:
- Works on Windows 7, XP, Vista, 8, 8.1, 10 & 11
- macOS 10.5 or above
- Android version runs on 2.3.3 or higher
- iPhone/iPad version runs on iOS 6.0 or higher
- Chromebook version available
Official Website: https://www.nch.com.au/WavePad/index.html
Microsoft App Store Link: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/9P0KQX1Z0WM2?hl=da-dk&gl=DK
Free Version: Yes, the software is freely available for non-commercial use.
WavePad Sound Editor Features:
- Compress your audio before sending it over email or message.
- It includes basic sound editing features like cut, copy, paste, insert, trim, delete, and silence.
- You can enhance the functionality of the software by adding VST plug-ins.
- It supports almost every audio file format.
- Using WavePad Audio Editing Software you can apply effects to multiple files at once.
- Also, the software can convert multiple files in a batch.
- WavePad Sound Editor can easily remove noise in the music.
- The software can easily edit audio from video files.
- In this software, you can access many sound effects for free.
- Here you will also find royalty-free music to use.
- It also works as a vocal removal tool.
- You can also use this software to create ringtones.
- It can remove hissing and hums from your audio.
- WavePad Sound Editor is capable to normalize, equalize and amplify music on your PC.
- At the top right corner of the software, you can find help articles and video tutorials.
- You can remove background noise with the help of WavePad audio editing software.
- Easily add an intro or any other audio to your main audio.
- Increase the volume of a selected part of the audio.
- Add popular audio effects like echo, revert, etc.
As we have discussed earlier that WavePad Audio Editor has been in service for a long time so, it has been covered by most of the popular software review websites.
Here are the user/editor ratings that the software has earned-
- CNet: 3.9/5
- Digital Trends: 8/10
- Uptodown: 5/5
- FileHorse: 8.4/10
- Microsoft Store: 3.3/5
- Amazon: 3.7/5
- FileHippo: 7/10
- G2: 4.4/5
- Capterra: 4.7/5
- Software Advice: 4.5/5
- TopTenReviews: 3.9/5
As we have discussed above that the software is free for non-commercial use but if you want to use it for commercial purpose then you need to purchase the license.
The pricing model is very affordable as shown below-
- WavePad Sound Editor Master’s Edition- $49.99
In the master’s edition, you will get all Master’s Edition features including the SFX library.
- WavePad Sound Editor Standard Edition- $29.99
In the Standard Edition, you will get all Master’s Edition features but you won’t get the SFX library and VST plugins
Working Process for WavePad Sound Editor
This WavePad Sound Editor review is incomplete without knowing the working process. I am assuming that you have downloaded and installed the software on your PC, if not then you can download it from the official website.
How to add an intro on WavePad Sound Editor?
Follow these steps-
Step 1: Click the “File” option in the top left corner of the software. And select open file.
Step 2: Now you can browse your computer to find and select the audio which will be your main audio. (To which you want to add the intro). Select the audio and click “Open”
Step 3: Now you will see waves on your display. Now click at the starting or anywhere else where you want to add an intro (or any audio).
After clicking to a place right-click with your mouse and hover your mouse at “Insert”. And click “Current”.
Step 4: Again it will open a window to browse your computer. Here you can select the audio that you want to add and click “Open”
Here you will see two options “Add at the start” and “Add at the end” unselect both options and click “OK”.
That is it you have added the intro to your audio.
How to cut, copy, trim and delete audio using WavePad Audio Editor?
This is very simple just select the waves on the screen and you will notice that a small window will appear on the left side panel of the software. Here you will find all the options e.g. copy, cut, delete, trip, etc.
How to Fade In and Fade Out your audio?
Generally, fade-in is used at the starting of a new audio clip, and fade-out is used at the ending of a clip. Performing these tasks are very simple with WavePad Sound Editor software.
Follow the process-
Just select a small section of the audio wave (Starting or ending)> Right-click with the mouse> Select effects>Choose Fade in or Fade out according to your requirement> Click OK.
How to increase the Volume of a particular section of your audio?
If you want to increase volume at a specific point in your audio then you need to select the audio wave and right-click on it. After this go to effects and click amplify. Here you can increase the volume by entering a number in Gain Sections. Just increase by decibels or Percentage.
You can also use the Preset option. From here you can double, triple, etc.
How to add echo to your recording?
Select the wave section> Right-click on it> Go to effects> Now choose popular effects> Here you will find the option of echo> Choose a preset (for example living room) and click OK.
Before clicking OK you will notice that you can increase the Echo volume and Echo time in this window.
That’s it Echo effect has been applied to your recording.
How to Add background sound to your audio?
It is very simple to add background audio in WavePad Sound Editor software.
Follow these steps from the start. First, we will add the sound to the software then we will add the background. If you have already opened the sound and just want to add the background then skip step no 2.
Step 1: Go to file and click “Open file” to browse your computer and select music file. Click Open and the file will be added to the WavePad Audio editor.
Step 2: Go to “Edit” from the top menu and click “Mix with file”.
Step 3: This will open your computer library, here select the audio that you want to add as background and click “Open”
Step 4: Now you will see a small window opened in the software named “Mix Direct” Here you can increase the volume of background sound. And click “Preset Mix”
That’s it you have added the background sound to your audio.
Pros and Cons
- You can operate this software with multiple keyboard shortcuts- See the shortcuts
- You can purchase other tools from NCH software in bundles at a lower price.
- Good Customer support by email, phone, and by fax.
- A quarterly subscription is available at as low as 13 cents per day. (Billed quarterly).
- The software has passed the test on virustotal.com with 0 flags.
- Very intuitive and easy user interface.
- You can customize the software interface according to your needs.
- The free version is only available for non-commercial purposes.
- Instant chat support is not available for quick answers to small queries.
Wavepad Sound Effects
WavePad Sound Editor Recording Feature
WavePad Effects Menu
After writing the complete review of WavePad Sound Editor I have come to the conclusion that it is one of the best free audio editing software for Windows PC. It has many features that a professional audio editor expects from a software.
If you like to add some more insights to the article please feel free to share in the comment section.
Also, please share the article to support the blog.
Is WavePade Sound Editor Free?
Answer: Yes, the software is free but for home use only. For commercial use, you need to purchase the license.
How do I use WavePad audio editor for free?
Answer: I have described the working process for some tasks. For more, you can refer to this video guide-
Is WavePad safe to download?
Answer: Yes, WavePad is safe to download, it got 0 flags on virustotal.
What is the best software to edit audio?
Answer: WavePade, Adobe Audition, and Garage Band are the top 3 software to edit audio according to my option.
Soft App World is blog where you will find easy solutions on your PC related problems. The blog also write about PC software and mobile apps.