Do your kids use an iPhone and you want to save them from the dangers of the digital world? Or maybe you want to manage their activities on the phone. Then using the best parental control apps for the iPhone is a very good option for you.
Even iOS provides some inbuilt parental control features but iOS parental control apps provide a lot more features and better control.
8 Best Free Parental Control Apps for iPhone and iPad
Here is the list of the best apps that allow parents to control the activities of their kids on their iPhones:
- Kaspersky Safe Kids
- ScreenTime Parental Control
- Boomerang Parental Control
- Net Nanny
App Store Rating: 4.5
OurPact is one of the best parental control apps for iPhone and iPad. It is also available for Android phones. It is available in free and premium versions.
Here are the features of this iOS app:
- You can schedule screen time to limit iPhone usage.
- You can block access to specific apps on your kid’s iPhone
- This app works on cross platforms.
The premium version of this app provides many advanced features and can control up to 20 devices.
2. Kaspersky Safe Kids
App Store Rating: 3.5
Kaspersky is a very popular name in the field of security services for PC and Mobiles. Kaspersky is very well known for its PC security programs, especially for Windows systems.
It has developed some amazing apps for the iPhone too.
Kaspersky Safe Kids is a very nice free parental control app for iPhone and iPad users.
Here are some of the best features of this app:
- Block inappropriate Youtube content.
- Block adult websites on your kid’s iPhone.
- You can control your kid’s screen time using this free iOS parental control app.
- You can see their real-time location.
- If you are worried about your kids going to a dangerous area then you can set a safe area. If your kid goes beyond this area you will get an alert.
This parental control app is available for iPhone, Android, Mac, and Windows.
Also Read: 9 Best IPTV Apps For Apple TV In 2022: [Free & Paid]
App Store Rating: 3.9
Mobicip is another popular and free ios parental control app. It is available on various platforms like Android, iPhone, Mac, Windows, Kindle, and Chromebook. Many popular publications like The New York Times, Top 10 Reviews, etc have mentioned this app on their website.
Here are some of the features of this app:
- Control many devices from one place.
- Track your kid’s locations with the help of their iPhone.
- Check 1 month of the browsing history of your kid.
4. ScreenTime Parental Control
App Store Rating: 2.4
ScreenTime is a very popular iOS parental control app. It is available on both iPhone and Android.
Here are the features of this app:
- Set the maximum amount of screen time you think is appropriate for your kid.
- Block the iPhone for a specific time when you don’t want your kid to use a mobile.
- You can lock your kid’s iPhone whenever you want.
- Control apps your kid download on the iPhone.
- Check your kid’s web history to see the websites they have visited.
- Block specific types of websites and even specific URLs.
- Track the location of your child.
- Track what path they choose to go to school or any location.
Having so many features makes it a favorite app for parents. Using this app parents can ensure their kid’s safety and check on them whenever it feels suspicious.
App Store Rating: 2.6
FamilyTime is another popular app for parents to control their kids’ activity on iPhones. The app is available for iPhone and Android.
Here are some features of the app:
- You can lock your kid’s iPhone for a specific time period.
- Using this app you can block searches for inappropriate content on Google and Bing.
- Block YouTube to provide unpleasant content to your kids.
- Using the Geo-fence feature, you can also get alerts if your child goes or leaves a specific area.
6. Boomerang Parental Control
App Store Rating: 2.7
Boomerang Parental Control is perfect for iOS users. It is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
Here are the main features of this iOS parental control app:
- Block an app or set time limits for app usage.
- You can allow good apps to work outside the blocked time.
- This app will automatically prevent access to inappropriate sites on your kid’s mobile.
After doing research on this app I figured that this app has more features for Android users than iPhone users.
7. Net Nanny
App Store Rating: 3.4
NetNanny is one of the most popular parental control apps for the iPhone. It is available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and Mac, The app is available in both Free and Premium versions. The free version provides access to limited features but Paid version provides you with a bunch of amazing features.
Here are the main features of this app:
- Net Nanny can Block inappropriate content.
- In this app, you can use google safe search to stop your kid from consuming harmful content.
- Track your child’s activity on any device.
App Store Rating: 4.3
Qustodio is an easy-to-use app for parents to monitor activities on their kid’s iPhones. The app is available in both free and premium versions.
Here are the main features of this app:
- Easy to access dashboard to track your child’s activity.
- Set and manage limitations on your kid’s iPhone.
- Protect your child from online threats like cyberbullying, cyber predators, and inappropriate content.
So, this was our list of the best free parental control apps for the iPhone. Please let me know which one you like the most and if you have any other ios parental control software in your mind please mention it in the comment section.
Question: How to monitor my child’s phone without them knowing?
Answer: You can use any of the apps described above to monitor your kid’s iPhone.
Question: How to set parental controls on a cell phone?
Answer: You can use the iOS parental control app to set limits on your kid’s phone.
Question: Does the iPhone have a parental control app?
Answer: You can limit screen time on your kid’s iPhone and you don’t need an app for that.
Question: How do I control my child’s screen time from my iPhone?
Answer: You can control your child’s screen time by the in-built setting in your iPhone Or you can use any of the apps described above.
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on Twitter