Using the best radio automation software you can make your life easier as a radio jockey or a radio station owner. These tools will automatically schedule your program so you won’t have to be at your station to run a program.
Along with scheduling, these programs have a lot of other features to make radio broadcasting work smoother. In this article, I am going to list the best software for radio automation on Windows and Mac for convenient broadcasting.
Top 8 Radio Automation Software For Mac and Windows
- MegaSeg For Mac
- radiologik for Mac
1. NextKast Pro
Free Version: Yes
Paid Version: It has 3 different modules in the premium version-
- NextKast Pro Version- $199
- NextKast Broadcast Version- $399
- NextKast OnAir Version- $999
NextKast is an internet radio station software that is full of advanced features. The software first started service in 2011 and now it is one of the most popular radio broadcasting software. Many well-known internet and FM broadcasting stations are using this tool.
Here are the main features of NextKast Pro:
- Impressive system for voice control – through remote and in the studio.
- The easiest way to create podcasts.
- Supports almost every popular audio format.
- Manual mode to run your show live.
- You don’t need to install any database
- Email support.
- You will get 2 activations for one station.
- Record live broadcast.
Free Version: Request a demo.
Paid Version: Request a quote.
The developer has many tools serving in the industry i.e. DJB zone, DJB Radio Logger, DJB Radio Studio. We are going to discuss the most popular one which is DJB Radio.
DJB Radio is a very impressive radio automation software, let’s see the main features of this tool-
- Quick and convenient scheduling.
- Edit the logs in real-time.
- Internet voice tracking system.
- It also supports remote logs.
- Worry-free automation on satellite feeds.
- You will have full control over the broadcast tools.
Free Download: Yes
It is one of the most advanced software for radio automation. It is available for Windows 7, 8.1, and Windows 10. It has a wonderful navigation system which makes it very easy to use. Also, it supports external plugins so you can add more features to the tool.
Here are the main features of this radio DJ software:
- You can back up the database and restore it when required.
- It supports voice tracking.
- It also has a Shoutcast encoder.
- Improve audio sound with audio processor plugins.
- Automatic control over the start, intro, and end.
Omniplayer earned a lot of highlights in the radio broadcasting industry during 2022 because the RTLBelguim chose Omniplayer 3 for radio production & playout system. With this tool, you can create content easily and broadcast it to your audience.
Here are the main features of this software for radio automation:
- Easily edit and schedule your content.
- Efficient management of your work.
- Audit audio on the basis of the text.
- Easily insert external voice tracks using the mix editor.
- Get votes from your listeners and connect more.
- Auto recording features.
- An efficient way to publish podcasts.
Playit is another efficient tool in the list of the best radio automation software. You can also find some useful plugins on the official website to enhance the productivity of Playit. You can use the internet broadcaster plugin for free.
Here are the main features of this software for radio broadcasting:
- Playit Live: Add voice in the middle of running songs so it will give the feel of a live program.
- Voice track from anywhere using the remote voice track.
- Make your work easy with the help of a high-level scheduling system.
- Easily synchronize your data.
Radio Automation Software For Mac
6. MegaSeg Pro 6 For Mac
MegaSeg is a widely used broadcast and scheduling software for Mac users. It works for TV stations as well as radio stations. The software has many uses like online radio broadcasting, video streaming, podcasting, etc.
Here are the main features of this radio automation software for Mac:
- Advanced music management system.
- Scheduling your program is easier than ever.
- Pop-up reminders to show you the requests.
- Make connections to your listeners with the request list features.
- Essential features to run your live show.
- Assign keys to sound and immediately apply the sound effect when required.
- Get full control over your playlist with a mouse and keyboard
7. RadioLogik for Mac
Free Download: Yes
Paid Version: Radiologic DJ personal- $128/year
Radiologik is a live DJ and radio automation software available for Mac users. It has multiple models for multiple purposes. It works for both local and internet stations.
Here are the main features of this Radio Software:
- Automate your radio station with efficient scheduling.
- Use up to 20 sound effects that you have saved.
- Radiologik plays almost every popular file format.
- Using this software you can also broadcast online.
- Use Radio Logik Scheduler for free.
Free Version: Yes
Paid Version: $ 9.99/month after 3 months $14.99/month
Mixxx is a radio automation software available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. This is the only radio software in the list which is available for Linux.
Let’s discuss the main features of this radio DJ software:
- Easy drag-and-drop system to play songs.
- Efficiently control the key and pitch.
- Beat looping feature to keep your station running while you find another song to play.
- Easily mashup and remix tracks.
- Effective crossfader curve control.
Other Radio Broadcasting tools in Market
- RCS sound software
- openbroadcaster.com online
- SAM Broadcaster Pro
So, these were the best radio automation software for Mac and Windows Users. If you are a Linux user then you can opt for Mixxx radio DJ software. These tools are very popular and easy to use. If you are a beginner then you should try free software.
If there is any software that deserves a place on the list then please mention it in the comment section.
What is the best radio broadcasting software?
Answer: Nextkast for Windows and Megaseg for Mac are great tools for radio broadcasting.
How can I broadcast radio at home?
Answer: It is not hard to broadcast radio from your home. Just follow the guide through this video-
Priyanka Sharma is a technical content writer at SoftAppWorld. Her keen interest is in testing different kinds of software and writing reviews about them. Her goal is to help people with software reviews and how-to guides. In her free time, she likes to create different kinds of sketches and designs. You can find her on Twitter