Why do you need software for Musicians?
Every industry is getting help from technology and growing faster. The music industry has also evolved a lot in the last decades and technology has played a vital role in it.
As a professional or beginner in the music industry, you can take help from music programs to complete your projects within time and more accurately.
These tools for musicians have been serving the industry for a long time. And they are getting better to match new standards.
I am going to describe the best music software for beginners and professionals.
- Ableton Live
- Serato DJ Lite
- Beat Saber
- Music Circuit Software
- Duplicate Cleaner
- Smart Music
- Music Bee
9 Best Software For Musicians: Beginners and Professionals:
1. Ableton Live
The most useful and must-have software for a music artist is a DAW software or Digital Audio Workstation software. There is a lot of DAW software available on the internet, I have brought to you the best of them which is Ableton Live.
Ableton Live is a wonderful software that has all the features that a musician requires in a digital audio workstation.
Available For: Windows and Mac
Free Trial: Available
- Live 11 Intro: $ 99
- Live 11 Standard: $ 449
- Live 11 Suite: $749
PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i5 process with 8 GB RAM
Mac: macOS High Sierra 10.13 to Monterey 12 Intel® Core™ i5 processor or Apple M1 8 GB RAMIntel Core i5 process with 8 GB RAM
Features of this music software:
- Easy to use music composition.
- Excellent capability of editing.
- Flexibility to mix tracks.
- Recording of multi-tracks.
- Wonderful MIDI sequence of hardware and software.
- Live time stretching.
- Real-time adjustment of tempo.
- Advanced audio effects.
- Better MIDI effects.
Ableton is full of amazing features making it the best software for musicians. It is not possible to list all the features this software here so, I am giving you the link below to know more.
2. Serato DJ Lite
DJ mixing is a very interesting and popular profession. A DJ mixer professional can take help from many hardware and software to make a great mix. Serato DJ Lite is one of the most efficient DJ mixing software available on the internet.
Free version: Yes
Paid version: $139
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 11, macOS 12 Monterey, macOS 11 Big Sur, macOS 10.15 Catalina,
- Intel- i3, i5, i7,i9,
- Apple: M1,
- AMD: Ryzen
- RAM: 4 GB
- Live stream your mix.
- Different modes for practice and performance.
- Identify the frequency of sound in the form of colored waves.
- Find the length and BPM of songs.
- Easily stream songs for your mix.
- Setup manual and auto loops.
- Use markers to point to the beat’s location on a track.
- Organize your set with Serato crate and iTunes.
As we can see that the software has enough features that a DJ mixer requires.
If you want music in written form then you will need music composition software. And Scorecloud is very nice software for musicians to get music on a hard copy. The software is available in 3 versions- free, plus, and pro. The Pro version is the most advanced one as it has some extra features.
When you subscribe to any plan you will get 10 days free trial of the Pro version.
Free version: Yes
- Plus: $49/year
- Pro: $139/year
- Get notations from voice recordings.
- The editing is very intuitive.
- Add chord automatically.
- Import the XML format of your music.
- Save your song online.
- Print your notation in PDF.
- Get notation from audio files.
All these features make Score Cloud the best music transcription software for Windows computers.
Suppose you have deleted your music file accidentally then you will need software to recover deleted audio files. Stellar is very nice software that can also restroe deleted music or any other audio file.
It is available in multiple versions i.e. Standard, Professional, and Premium versions.
Free version: Yes
Paid version: Standard
- Windows: $ 59.99
- Mac: $ 69.99
- Restore lost data from Windows and Mac.
- Get formatted data back.
- Support many file types.
- CD/DVD data recovery in Professional version.
- Repair video files that are corrupt in the Premium version.
5. Beat Saber:
If you are a musician and like to play games then there is a game for you that includes music in it. Beat Saber is one such software that is very popular in the gaming world.
Beat Saber is a game that is very interesting for musicians. This is available on multiple platforms-
- Oculus Store
- PlayStation Store
- Humble Bundle
Note: The software requires a VR headset.
It has won multiple awards in 2018 and 2019. It has won the award for best VR/AR game in 2019. It has multiple interesting music packs that you can try while playing.
6. Live Spice
If you want to process live audio signals then you will need circuit simulation software. Live Spice is a nice circuit simulation tool. If you have this software you won’t need a physical circuit and offline simulation.
This software compiles a custom simulation program. Using this function LiveSPICE can separate the logic for a simulation.
System Requirements: Net framework 4.7.2.
Here are the features of this software for musicians:
- The visual circuit schematic editor is very easy to use.
- It supports VST plugins to enhance the useability of this software.
- The library of part models and components is always evolving in this tool.
- It can perform ultra-low latency and processing of audio.
As we can see that this software can eliminate the need for some physical components and hardware. You can download this software from the official website or Github.
7. Duplicate Cleaner
As a musician, you tend to create a lot of duplicate music files on your PC. These duplicate music files hog a lot of storage space on your computer. Also, duplicates make it very difficult to manage your music library.
Here comes “Duplicate Cleaner”, a duplicate music finder software for Windows computers. This is one of the best software for musicians to find and remove duplicate music files on your Windows system.
Free Version: Yes
Available for: Windows
Pricing: $29.95 for 1 PC
Here are the features of this music software:
- Using “Audio Mode” in this software you can choose to find duplicate files only in audio format.
- You can also find other duplicate files on your computer i.e. duplicate videos, images, etc.
- You can set the duplicate criteria by yourself.
- If you want you can keep a particular folder from the scanning process using the exclude feature.
8. Smart Music
If you are a music teacher for a student who wants to learn music then you can take the help of this software. Smart Music is the best music learning software. It is a cloud-based software that you can access using a browser.
This is the best software for musicians who also want to educate.
Free trial: Yes
- Teacher Subscription: $39.99/user, billed annually
- Performer Subscription: $29.99/user, billed annually
Here are the features of this music tool:
- Practice online and receive feedback.
- An efficient tool for teachers to track the progress of students.
- Teachers can access recordings of students, check assignments and track performance scores.
- Take notes of music in printed form.
- Advanced sight reading builder.
- Give music composition projects to students and students are able to complete the project on the tool.
- The tool contains a huge library of sheet music.
After analyzing the features we can see that the software contains almost everything that a music teacher and a student requires.
9. Music Bee
This is another type of software that a musician needs. As a music artist, you must have a robust music player and management software installed on your computer.
There are many tools available on the internet to organize the music library. Music Bee is the best software to organize your music library.
Available for: Windows
Here are the features of this software:
- Auto tag files in your music library.
- Amazing tool for listening to music.
- Resample track to lower bitrate.
- The software supports external plugins to enhance the functionality.
- You can sync your music collection across devices.
- Music bee is a lightweight music player software.
The software has amazing features and it has very nice reviews on many high authority websites.
So, these were the best software for musicians to make their life easier. As an artist, you can take the help of these best music software to enhance your productivity. Most of these software are available for Windows computer which is the most popular operating system.
If you have any other operating system then it is not difficult to find alternative software. You just need to know the category and you can search for the software on the internet.
What software do pro musicians use?
Answer: FL Studio, Avid Pro, Apple Logic, Ableton Live, and Presonus Studio are some of the most popular software among professionals.
What software is best for making music?
Answer: Ableton Live 11 and FL studio are efficient tools for music making.
How much does FL Studio cost?
Answer: The pricing for the basic version of this tool is $99.